Thursday, January 9, 2014

Perfect Start to a New Year


Happy 2014! I am officially back home in South Georgia from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where I was visiting my boyfriend, Kyle Huang, and I can honestly say that I already miss it and want to go back. Stepping into the Philadelphia airport is always really hard for me, and I don't think I will ever get used to it, but it is just part of the whole relationship. Some people think that having a long distance relationship is pointless and a waste of time, but to me, it is worth it in every way possible. 
I spent about a week and a half up North, ending and starting the New Year in the perfect way. We always manage to stay really busy doing so many things while I am in Philly, which makes the week seem like it goes by so quickly. Even though this was a pretty laid back vacation for me, my boyfriend still continues to push me at training every day at Maxercise Ribeiro Jiu Jitsu and make sure that I am getting prepared for the upcoming tournaments. 


He really is the perfect training partner for me. He is obviously way better than me ;-) However, Kyle is a purple belt, so he has the knowledge to train me and teach me new things in order to advance my game. Rolling with him can be just silly and kind of playful at times, but when it comes down to it, he is not afraid to push me until I am completely dead on the mats. 
Even though I had the best time up North, like always, it is time to get back to the real world. I started school this week, so now it's time to buckle down. Unfortunately, school and work have seemed to clash this week and next week to where I can't make driving an hour to Tallahassee, FL to train at Zicro BJJ as much as I'd like to. Hopefully once this week and next week start to settle down, I will be able to make more time to train and get back on a regular schedule. I guess it is a good thing that I work at a 24/7 hour gym, where I can immediately start my workout once I clock out. I am still doing everything I can, mentally and physically, to be prepared for the MMAC Grappling tournament next weekend in Tampa, FL. Stepping back onto the competition mats is something i've missed since I left the NY Abu Dhabi trials in October. Until next weekend, I will just be staying prioritized with school, work, and training for the tournament. 
Hope everybody has a great start to the New Year! Ouss! 

No comments: